Thursday, July 1, 2010

Bum Off The Floor



And so I went to visit the relationship manager at the gym last week. I've been feeling terribly guilty over the last month or so because of the lack of exercise and the grotesque over-consumption of good food and excessive amounts of alcohol. Alas, I love my beer and the only problem with it is that every blasted calorie lodges itself in my middle and around my hips.

So I went to the gym to sort out the membership details and also to spur my arse into getting some exercise. As it turned out, I had been watching YouTube videos on TRX training and was in a state of endless fascination that can only be induced by a giant nylon rubber-band.

For those of you who have no clue what I'm on about, this is what TRX is.



The TRX was invented by a former navy seal who basically developed a piece of exercise equipment that allowed him and his fellow seals to work out in the middle of a desert whilst battling with the enemy using the facilities they had around them i.e., the nearest tree or boulder. Apparently you can grow really fat if you just sit around and wait for the enemy to come and kill your ass so the best way to be prepared is to always be fighting fit. And you can do just that with a rubber-band.

And so I got really excited when the relationship manager at the gym told me that they now have personalized TRX training and even group sessions! (Yes, I quite enjoy the idea of a roomful of sweaty people suspended from a ceiling, battling their beer guts as they crunch themselves to oblivion.)I managed to wrangle a freebie and I am scheduled to have a free one-on-one session with a trainer tomorrow morning at 7am. The few people I have spoken to have all vouched for the fact that the TRX is a very effective exercise tool. In other words, I'm going to be one very sore monkey after tomorrow, but hey, whoever said a tight butt and a flat stomach comes easy? (Yes, I do understand the irony of having a pseudonym like Jellybutt. I came up with that moniker to remind myself never to go down that path. I do not advocate jiggling.)

Hopefully the session tomorrow will serve as sufficient inspiration to get butt back into shape. I checked this morning and it looked kinda lopsided.

*munches on a chocolate chip cookie*

To fitness and tight butts. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment