Monday, August 22, 2011

Screw It



I seem to be running thin on patience these days. Actually I have been pushed around a fair bit these past few months and there has been more than one person at any given point, giving me grief of some description or another. It is rather rare for me to lose my head. In fact, those closest to me will tell you that me losing my head is a once-in-six-years sort of affair so when it does actually happen, you should declare it a public holiday.

Anyway, given that I seem to be attracting all manner of rubbish these days and most of my time is spent frustratedly trying prevent things from blowing up at work, I have neglected my friends, my personal time and time with the family as well. The only thing that has kept me going is the visits to the gym and well, my dog. The dog is a new addition to the family. He's just a puppy and his energy is boundless but over the past few months he's helped my mental stability by just being, well...a puppy. He's serves as the best distraction I have ever had in years which makes me wonder why I never pushed harder to get a dog earlier. I grew up with two big dogs as a kid so having pets would have been the ideal way to deal with life's bullshit but I suppose like many things in my life, I chose not to push the matter of getting another pet. Mind you, I don't think I can say the same about having a pet terrapin. And yes, I have had a couple of those as pets before as well. :)

Either way, work remains hellish. My friends continue to rally around me. I am not seeing anyone and at this point in time, I still don't have any desire to pursue a relationship with just any Tom, Dick or Harry so I've kind of left that part of my life untouched. It boggles me somewhat that more than a year has passed since my decision to walk away from the relationship with D. Though I do miss the good times and familiarity of being with someone for that long, I do not regret my decision. I suppose if it happens again in future, then well, I guess I will be better prepared for it and I will be wiser about my decisions. In the meantime though, I shall carry on being as happy as clam, doing whatever it is I want to do and give in to 'reasonable' whims and fancies whenever I want. How bloody ironic is that?

The end of the year is fast closing in on me and I want to make this a year worth remembering so here's to saying C'est la vie for the next 4 months and making the most of it. And yeah, I will try to write more. I promise. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment